Mastering the Art of Online Networking: Do's and Don'ts for Virtual AssistantsMay 01, 2023
In today's digital age, online networking has become an essential tool for Virtual Assistants (VAs) to connect with potential clients, build relationships, and grow their businesses. However, not all virtual assistants know how to navigate the world of online networking effectively.
This blog post will delve into our expert advice, providing actionable tips and insights to help you make the most of your online networking efforts.
The Do's of Online Networking for VAs:
- Choose the right online networking groups: Focus on finding groups that align with your niche, target market, and business goals. Look for groups with active and engaged members, where you can contribute meaningfully and establish your expertise.
- Be genuine and authentic: When networking online, it's essential to be yourself and your brand. Share your knowledge, experiences, and insights with others, and engage in conversations that showcase your expertise without being overly promotional.
- Add value to the group: Instead of solely promoting your services, focus on providing valuable content and insights. Share helpful tips, resources, and advice that can benefit others in the group. This will help you build credibility and trust among potential clients.
- Engage with others and listen: Networking is all about building relationships. Take the time to engage with and listen to other group members by commenting on their posts, asking questions, and offering support. This will help you establish rapport and build connections with potential clients.
- Be consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to online networking. Regularly participate in group discussions, share valuable content, and engage with others to maintain visibility and stay top-of-mind with potential clients.
The Don'ts of Online Networking for VAs:
- Don't drop links and run: Avoid seeing a post mention 'virtual assistant' and just drop your link into the comments (with nothing else) and then disappear. There is no relationship-building to be seen and we promise you this can damage your reputation and deter potential clients from connecting with you.
- Don't be overly self-promotional: While it's essential to showcase your expertise, focus on doing so in a non-promotional manner. Provide value and share your knowledge without constantly pushing your services on others and do it without any expectation of receiving anything in return.
- Don't ignore group rules: Each online group has its own set of rules and guidelines. Be sure to familiarise yourself with these rules and always follow them to maintain a positive presence in the group. Never start your post with 'admin delete it not allowed' - yuck!
- Don't engage in negative behavior: Online networking should be a positive and supportive experience. Avoid engaging in negative behavior, such as bashing competitors or participating in drama, as this can harm your reputation and relationships within the group.
- Don't give up too soon: Building relationships and establishing your presence in online networking groups takes time and effort. Be patient and persistent in your networking efforts, and you'll start to see results over time. It's a long-term strategy!
Online networking is a powerful tool for you to grow your virtual assistant and find those potential clients.
By following the do's and don'ts outlined in this post, you can effectively navigate online networking groups, establish your expertise, and build meaningful relationships that lead to new opportunities.
Remember to be genuine, authentic, and consistent in your networking efforts, and always focus on providing value to the group.
With dedication and consistency, you'll be well on your way to mastering the art of online networking and reaping the rewards it has to offer.
Starting out on your VA journey?
Launch your very own virtual assistant business in just 30 days with our step-by-step playbook!
We'll guide you every step of the way, from setting up your business to securing (and onboarding) your first client.
Established VA looking to scale?
Join the Scale It! Mastermind for virtual assistants looking to level up their business. Make more money, get more clients and grow your team today!