Why It Really Doesn't Matter What You Call YourselfSep 12, 2021
Virtual Assistant, Online Business Manager, Virtual EA, Freelance PA, Bookkeeper, Podcast Manager, Business Support Provider, Social Media Manager, Content Creator, Mailchimp Expert, Transcriber, Online Administrator, Remote Personal Assistant ...
That my friends is just a small drop in the bucket when it comes to the titles those offering VA services use.
- So why are you obsessing over what to call yourself?
- Why are you doubting your business goals because your Great Aunt Gertrude has never heard of the term 'virtual assistant'?
Here's what you need to remember:
- 'Virtual Assistant' technically isn't just a job title. It's actually an entire industry that covers what seems to be an endless number of online services.
- Those struggling to choose the perfect job title are worried about getting it wrong because they think it actually matters. It doesn't.
You heard us!
This is one of those pesky business decisions you're spending too much time stressing over.
✔️ In reality you'll wear many hats in your business. You're going to be the CEO, Founder, Director, Marketing Manager, Bookkeeper and the VA (just to name a few). Forget about what you are technically, and instead focus on what your prospective clients will understand best.
And remember ...
✔️ You can change your title whenever you want. Whether that's 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years down the track. As your business grows and evolves, it's likely your job title will too.
You've got a lot of choices and all of them sound great.
In fact, we'd bet that there are at least half a dozen that would be more than suitable for your business.
So for the sake of our sanity ... please stop worrying about getting it perfect and ignore what anyone else thinks.
Just pick one that feels right and then own it.
But if you're moving away from 'Virtual Assistant' remember:
Love it or hate it, the term ‘VA’ is one that is easily recognisable and is a search term that business owners are typing into Google right now.
And you know what else?
If someone doesn't know what it is you do...
- Don't overthink it.
- Don't doubt your business dreams.
- Simply educate them.
Sam + Jo xoxo
Want to learn more?
Join us over in the Members Club where we teach you the importance of goal setting, help hold you accountable, keep you focused & on track, work on your business owner mindset AND remind you every single damn day to stop comparing yourself to others.