You're Not Going To Be The Right Fit VA For Everyone - And That's OkaySep 20, 2021
Just like not every client is going to be the right-fit for you, you're not going to be the right-fit for every client you meet and/or work with.
You could be the highest performing, most professional, incredibly charming VA super-star around and there will still be clients that won't:
- Book a consult with you.
- Hire you.
- Keep you on long-term.
You can't take it personally.
Maybe the consultation was amazing and you thought you had it in the bag.
Perhaps you've been working with the client for a little while and you had a feeling it was coming.
Sometimes you don't see it coming at all.
The fact of the matter is that in our line of work with every consultation you book, every project you take on and every client you sign up there is a risk of it simply not working out.
There are lots of reasons why you might not be the right fit for them. These include:
- The project ends.
- They've outgrown you.
- Your personalities don't mesh.
- They've chosen someone cheaper.
- The budget has dried up.
- What the client thought they needed ended up being different to what they actually need.
- You weren't a good fit for the work.
- The work output simply wasn't good enough (different from the point above).
But no matter the reason, how you respond and continue on with the work you have left is crucial to coming away with a testimonial and future recommendations.
Everyone gets fired. Everyone will be rejected. Deal with it.
All you can do is take any learnings from the experience and move on with your head held high.
- Make sure you've walked away understanding why the client is parting ways (or isn't hiring you after all).
- Ask if there is anything you could have done differently (so that you can learn from the experience).
- Stay above the line. Don't offer excuses (or discounts!) and don't try to make them feel bad about their decision.
Sam + Jo xoxo
Want to learn more?
Join us over in the Members Club where we teach you the importance of goal setting, help hold you accountable, keep you focused & on track, work on your business owner mindset AND remind you every single damn day to stop comparing yourself to others.